There is a truly fine line in between drinking at celebrations, celebrationsand alcohol abuse. Excessively drinking cancause psychological and physical damage to the drinker as well as negativelyaffect peoplearound him.
Alcohol abuse or alcohol addiction is consideredas a weakness, hence most of the alcoholics try to hide their drinkinghabit or attempt to weaken or minimize it. Alcoholism might be diagnosedby observing behavioural pattern of the drinker. Otherwise observation of the behavioral pattern is the most reliable method todiagnose alcoholism.
TO ANSWER A NAGGING QUESTION: . . .
why do people drink alcohol ?
Alcoholism is immoderatedrinking leading to adverse results on the drinker's health, profession or social life. Every individual alcoholic displays different levels and patterns of alcoholdependency. Hence medical diagnosis of alcohol addiction is somewhat difficult. There are methods, which are utilized for medical diagnosis of alcohol addiction.
• Health care experts utilize a number of screening tests to recognize threat for alcohol addiction in a variety of drinkers. They make use of different types of surveys. A few of the most commontests are Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test (MAST), the CAGEquestionnaire, and the TACE survey. There are numerous more surveys, which are made use of for evaluation of degree of alcohol addiction or its risk.
• Has the drinker ever felt the need of reducing alcohol consumption?
• Has he ever been irritated by people criticizinghim for his alcohol consumption?
• Has the drinker ever felt guilty or bad about his drinking?
• Has the drinker ever consumed alcoholic drink straight away in the morning to steady his nerves?
• Has the person ever utilizedalcohol in the morning to be rid of a hangover?
• The amount of alcohol to establish intoxication for them?
• Another strategy of diagnosis of alcoholism is numerous blood tests to assess a variety of bodily functions. Excessive usage of alcohol might also be determined by presence of alcohol in blood or liver or kidney. Excessconsumption of alcohol likewiseadversely influence kidney.
• An experienced physician might sense alcohol problem if a patient visits him for otherphysical problems, which might result due toexcessive usage of alcohol. Physician might perform extra tests for stomach issues, heart failure, alcohol withdrawal, or cirrhosis, depending upon the signs of the client.
• Other aspect, which might show alcohol addiction, is sudden changes in behavior of the drinker. He might begin hiding or otherwise be dishonest about his drinking. He might try to hide about his whereaboutsand his activities. He might begin behaving badly at work, home or socially. It is better to go for physical tests for alcohol addiction if any of the symptoms indicate alcoholism. Timely medical diagnosis helps in correct treatment of alcohol addiction or alcoholism.
Alcohol abuse or alcohol addiction is thought about as a moral deficiency, therefore many of the alcoholics try to hide their drinkinghabit or try to undermine or downplay it. Alcohol addiction is excessive drinking resulting in unfavorable resultson the drinker's health, occupation or social life. •Healthcare professionalsuse numerous evaluating tests to recognize risk for alcoholism in various drinkers. If any of thesymptoms suggest alcohol addiction, it is better to go forphysical tests for alcohol addiction.Timely medical diagnosis helps in appropriate treatment of alcohol addiction or alcohol addiction.